How You Can Help

Endorse Voluntary Grazing Permit Buyout

The more citizens groups and ranchers that endorse proposed voluntary permit buyout legislation, the more likely it will pass Congress.

Urge Your Federal Elected Officials to Support the Multiple-Use Conflict Resolution Act

In June 2005, the Multiple-Use Conflict Resolution Act (MUCRA) was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives as H.R. 3166. Please contact your Congressional representative and two United States senators and request they cosponsor MUCRA for ecological, economic, fiscal, social and political reasons. If you don't know who your federal elected officials are or how to contact them, you can either:

  • Visit and enter your zip code or and enter your state where indicated.

  • Contact your local library or county elections office.

Write a Letter to the Editor

Letters to the editor are the most read part of any newspaper. Check your local paper's submission guidelines (usually printed on the same page) and keep your letter within the word limit.

Keep Up to Date

Join the NPLGC permit buyout listserve to receive periodic updates on the voluntary federal grazing permit buyout legislation.